We work as a team in providing legal advice and support and strive to be accepted by the business as a reliable, credible, professional business partner.
This lawyer will report to the Central Legal Services Manager, Global Operations, in a team that supports a wide variety of other legal departments and businesses spread across the world. The successful candidate will need to show a high degree of flexibility and to be able to work and provide legal support to the business virtually. Also, whilst the role has a clear focus on the Downstream business in the US, Central Legal Services works as a global team and all lawyers are expected to support each other and at times, undertake work supporting other business units. This cross-over is also encouraged from a personal development perspective.
In this role you will:
- provide legal support and advice to those in Projects & Technology (P&T) business who are accountable for all technical and commercial aspects of projects, including engineering and design, procurement and construction, contract management, settlement of change orders and warranty claims. Involvement starts as early as possible (contracting strategy and contract tenders) and ends after the completed facility is successfully handed over to the operator.
- draft and support P&T with the negotiation of a variety of construction related documentation and project related Enterprise Framework Agreements;
- proactively support P&T in its journey to top quartile performance by developing model contracts relating to design, engineering, construction and technical services covering both Oil and Gas and New Energy workstreams;
- collaborate and work effectively across the wider Shell Legal Projects and Technology / Projects and other Shell legal departments;
- support business and P&T colleagues operationalize project contracts post award for use by the project delivery team;
- proficiently represent Shell vis-à-vis third parties;
- promote and champion compliance of Shell’s Ethics and Compliance policies and procedures;
- encourage, support and promote Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) initiates both within Shell legal and across the wider business
It is expected that the successful candidate will have around 4-5 years’ experience (of which at least 2 or more years of Project/construction related experience);
- Good knowledge of the legal areas and issues relevant to major capital projects and related construction activities is required;
- Knowledge and experience to identify critical legal risks in combination with the ability to prioritise time spent on matters by adopting a risk-based approach;
- Excellent commercial mindset and the ability to handle multiple demanding clients in a project environment which demands a quick and thoughtful legal touch across several Shell legal syndicates;
- Confidence to make decisions sometimes in ambiguous circumstances;
- Demonstrable track record of building strong and trusting relationships;
- Apply commercial judgment in Legal
- Enable effective governance
- Identify key legal risk
- Facilitate negotiation and conflict resolution
- Provide sound legal advice
Shell in Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, a job at Shell will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of 5 Business Operations centres located worldwide, we will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and stakeholders.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Thanks to cooperation with Shell you gain:
- Comfortable working environment: Newly-built modern office with its own canteen, relax rooms, bike & car parking space
- Yearly bonuses and lots of non-monetary benefits (e.g. MultiSport Card, vouchers for cultural and free time activities, 12 sport sections, and many more)
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Additional funds for trainings and certifications
- EuroShell Card
- Bonus for referring your friend to work
People with disabilities are welcome to apply as we provide reasonable accommodations and assistive technologies for people with diverse disabilities.
Please be informed that we are processing only online application. Please apply here: