We work as a team in providing legal advice and support and strive to be accepted by the business as a reliable, credible, professional business partner.
This lawyer will report to the Central Legal Services Manager, Global Operations, in a team that supports a wide variety of other legal departments and businesses spread across the world. The successful candidate will need to show a high degree of flexibility and to be able to work and provide legal support to the business virtually. Also, whilst the role has a clear focus on the Downstream Marketing actvities in the US, Central Legal Services works as a global team and all lawyers are expected to support each other and at times, undertake work supporting other business units. This cross-over is also encouraged from a personal development perspective
- Providing high quality, accurate and timely legal advice under Central Legal Services (Global Operations) team with a strong focus on Downstream Marketing business activities in the US:
- Draft, review and advising on legal risks for contracts associated with marketing businesses, such as lower risk direct sales and distributor contracts, incentives and promotions, and sponsorships, for Retail and Lubricants in the US.
- Review and advise on advertising materials, product labels, and sweepstakes.
- Review and implement Shell required clauses in third party contracts.
- Advise on US digital terms and conditions related to a growing portfolio of digitally enabled consumer and business offerings.
- Assisting in creation and updating of training materials for business, short legal guidance notes or FAQs.
- Carry out such other tasks to support colleagues within the Central Legal Services Team and US Downstream Legal teams, as required.
- Law degree
- at least 4 years of relevant post-graduation experience
- enthusiastic self-starter who pro-actively identifies opportunities to improve the efficiency of business processes - proven record of continuous improvement
- capability to quickly build knowledge on different topical areas and a demonstrated solution- oriented attitude
- Team player with the ability to work independently under pressure with minimum supervision; adapt quickly with a clear strength in identifying priority assignments, managing time and expectations
- Flexibility to work as part of virtual team.
- Fluency in English with strong English legal drafting skills.
- Contracting experience with the ability to understand strategies and risk mitigation.
- Strong analytical and issue spotting skills.
- Able to work under time pressures created by fast moving marketing businesses.
- Experience with sales contracts or consumer facing businesses a plus.
Shell in Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, a job at Shell will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of 5 Business Operations centres located worldwide, we will give you
the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and stakeholders.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Thanks to cooperation with Shell you gain:
- Comfortable working environment: Newly-built modern office with its own canteen, relax rooms, bike & car parking space
- Yearly bonuses and lots of non-monetary benefits (e.g. MultiSport Card, vouchers for cultural and free time activities, 12 sport sections, and many more)
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Additional funds for trainings and certifications
- EuroShell Card
- Bonus for referring your friend to work
People with disabilities are welcome to apply as we provide reasonable accommodations and assistive technologies for people with diverse disabilities.
Please be informed that we are processing only online application. Please apply here: